Welcome to the Digital Library
The Digital Library offers you access to wide ranging resources, from academic resources, prime newspapers and magazines, to award-winning films, UK theatre productions and audiobooks. The Digital Library has no boundaries - you can access it anytime, anywhere and on any of your devices with Internet connectivity.
The Digital Library membership allows you to:
- Access our digital library from home or on the go on any device
- Download best-selling e-books and audio books and popular international magazines
- Get access to thousands of academic e-books and journals, digital graphic novels and software tutorials
- Access to the Proquest Business Collection for scholarly journals, trade publications, dissertations, working papers, market reports, newspapers, and other sources relevant to business and economics
- Stream ﬁlms and theatre productions straight from the UK
- Explore the complete Digital library
How to Join the British Council Digital Library
Step 1: Complete the digital library membership application form which you can download, located at the bottom of this web page. Please provide a working email address in the application form. Once application has been processed, we will send you notifications through email.
Step 2: Make a payment of ZWL$25 for university students, ‘A’ level students and below. If you are not in the preceding categories the cost is ZWL$75.
Make a RTGS Bank Transfer to: British Council Zimbabwe, Stanbic Bank, account number 9140000223092, Minerva Branch, Harare
Step 3: For the transaction: Quote your full name for the deposit and email us your proof of payment together with the completed membership application form to Maynard.Chipangura@britishcouncil.org.zw and Miriam.Makhanga@britishcouncil.org.zw
Step 4: After receipting your payment, an activation email will be sent to your email address within 48 hours
Digital Library membership will expire after 12 months from the day of activation