Welcome to the Digital Library
The Digital Library offers you access to wide-ranging resources, from academic resources, prime newspapers and magazines, to award-winning films, UK theatre productions and audiobooks. The Digital Library has no boundaries - you can access it anytime, anywhere and on any of your devices with Internet connectivity.
The Digital Library membership allows you to:
- Access our digital library from home or on the go on any device
- Download best-selling e-books and audiobooks and popular international magazines
- Get access to thousands of academic e-books and journals, digital graphic novels and software tutorials
- Access to the Proquest Business Collection for scholarly journals, trade publications, dissertations, working papers, market reports, newspapers, and other sources relevant to business and economics
- Stream ﬁlms and theatre productions straight from the UK
- Explore the complete Digital library
How to Join the British Council Digital Library
Step 1: Make a payment of ZWL$300.
Make an RTGS Bank Transfer to:
British Council Zimbabwe, Stanbic Bank, account number 9140000223092, Minerva Branch, Harare
Please clearly highlight the reason for payment as “British Council Digital Library for [Your Name]”, for example, “British Council Digital Library for John Dube”
Do not use the ZIPIT facility for the payment
Quote your full name for the deposit, or;
Make an Ecocash payment to:
British Council Bulawayo Merchant Code: 014352
Step 2: Email us your proof of payment to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include your name, surname, contact details and date of birth in the email
Step 3: After receipt of your payment, an activation email will be sent to your email address within 48 hours
Digital Library membership will expire after 12 months from the day of activation
Before making your payment, please read the privacy section of our website, www.britishcouncil.org/privacy, or contact our local British Council office. We will keep your information in line with our retention policies from the time of collection.