Working for the British Council offers you a unique opportunity to gain experience and develop skills in international cultural relations.
You will be part of a modern, rapidly changing organisation with worldwide influence and impact. Our jobs offer you scope for versatility, initiative and creativity in a stimulating and supportive environment.
Opportunity for Examinations Venue Staff - Zimbabwe
The British Council is the United Kingdom’s international organisation for educational opportunities and cultural relations. Our purpose is to create international opportunities for people of the UK and other countries, and to build trust between them worldwide.
Purpose of the Job
To ensure that any test administered by the British Council runs smoothly on the test day/s and that all assigned test day duties and standards are met
Closing date: 25 March 2017; 23:59 UK time
- Report promptly to test venue at agreed time. In case of any delays or if unable to get to the test venue, inform the appropriate test day or British Council Examinations Services staff in a timely manner. ·
- Follow all relevant standards & procedures, based on training and reference materials provided by the British Council Examinations Services and the relevant Exam Boards·
- Maintain British Council Examinations Services standards of customer care on the test day. ·
- Inspect the venue to ensure that arrangements meet agreed requirements and standards. ·
- Ensure necessary equipment, material for candidates, signage, branding and seating arrangements and plans are in place and ready to use as required ·
- Ensure special arrangements are provided as required. ·
- Brief assigned test day staff on their roles and responsibilities and on any special instructions. ·
- Be familiar with the emergency procedures for the test day venue and ensure all venue staff are briefed accordingly. · Actively monitor candidates during tests to make sure that there is no violation of test conditions. ·
- Where required, supervise and monitor staff to ensure they carry out their respective duties and adhere to the Code of Practice. ·
- Ensure that the test day material is handled securely, confidentially and is accounted for in line with British Council and Exam Board requirements at all times. ·
- Ensure that all test day records are completed and maintained accurately as required by British Council Examinations Services. ·
- Ensure that relevant guidelines and policies are applied and followed in the areas of: Data Protection, Child Protection, Health & Safety, Equal Opportunities and Diversity, and Anti-Fraud. ·
- Whenever possible, resolve issues that arise on the day according to procedures. ·
- Report any incidents, emergencies or breaches of security to the appropriate British Council Examinations Services staff. ·
- Promote and ensure the wellbeing of candidates at all times. In case of emergencies, ensure that correct procedures are followed and involve appropriate authorities as required.
Experience and Qualifications
Customer Service Experience
Minimum 3 A Levels with pass rate for O level English and Maths
For more information please apply here
The British Council is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and diversity, and child protection. We welcome applications from all sections of the community. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the essential criteria.