Region: Southern Africa Arts Cluster
Location: Harare, Zimbabwe; Lilongwe, Malawi and Windhoek, Namibia
Timeline: November 2018 - March 2019
Fashion Futures is a collaborative project, led by Chenesai Brand in partnership with NATAAL and British Council seeking content creators to uncover and reveal undiscovered talent across the fashion sector of Malawi, Namibia, United Kingdom and Zimbabwe. The content creator’s responsibilities include exploring the underground fashion sector in a particular country, unlocking its fashion narrative, connecting with different industry players and travelling to produce a comprehensive blog/vlog piece sharable on different media platforms and social media. There also will be editorial mentorship points throughout the project.
To be successful in this role, you should have experience with digital publishing, blogging or vlogging. The content creator should have a high resolution camera to ensure a high quality recording and photography. The content created should reach 18 – 35 years target audience by delivering both useful and appealing online information that uncovers the underground /undiscovered fashion creatives. This open call is directed to content creators who are currently based in the following Southern African countries: Malawi, Namibia and Zimbabwe.
Eligibility Criteria for Applicants
- Content creators in the short film / documentary/ Blogging/ Vlogging space
- Eligible countries are Malawi, Namibia, UK and Zimbabwe
- Eligible age between 18 - 35 years
- Self-motivated, passionate, analytical, creative, diplomatic, flexible, good communication and presentation skills
The application process
The following are the steps that will be undertaken to review the applications and determine the selection of the content creator:
- Step 1: Submission of application form with all the required information
- Step 2: Review and shortlisting of applications by a panel
- Step 3: Interview of shortlisted candidates and selection
- Step 4: Contracting and working on the project.
Applicants must ensure that they fill in the application form (found in the downloads section at the botom of this page) in word or pdf format and clearly mark with the title ‘CALL Proposal: Fashion Futures. All applications must be sent to the following email address: Futurefashionchronicles@gmail.com
Deadline and other Requirements
British Council will be accepting questions from prospective applications until Tuesday 16 October 2018. The deadline for submissions application is Tuesday 16 October 2018.