The British Council in Zimbabwe is aware of cases of scammers offering to make payments by credit card on behalf of IELTS candidates sometimes at reduced rates. (The rates for IELTS are published on our website and no discounts are available).
The British Council in Zimbabwe accepts online payments done via the registration portal on our website using a Visa or Mastercard and we encourage test takers to visit local banks to obtain these cards for payments.
We will not be held liable for any financial losses incurred through fraudulent payments done via external parties. Test takers will be expected to settle any payments for fraudulent refund requests in cases where the exam has been taken. Failure to make correct payment for an IELTS exam may lead to results being withheld.
If you have questions, please contact us: email@example.com.
Book your exam online and access our free preparation materials today.
When you book an IELTS test with the British Council, you also get included in your test fee:
- Exclusive, free access to our popular online preparation course 'Road to IELTS Last Minute course', which includes 100 interactive activities, 9 video tutorials and two IELTS Academic practice tests for each of the four skills
- Five extra Test Report Forms for free that we send free of charge to institutions you’re applying to (e.g. immigration offices, universities etc.)
Choose how to take your IELTS test and book online
You can take your test at one of our official test centres on paper or on a computer. All you need is a valid identification document and a bank card if you want to pay online.
|Test type||Fee||Available test dates|
|IELTS Academic for UK Visas and Immigration - in centre (paper or computer)||$USD 338 for Harare and Bulawayo only||Find a test date|
|IELTS General Training for UK Visas and Immigration - in centre (paper or computer)||$USD 338 for Harare and Bulawayo only||Find a test date|
|IELTS Academic in centre - (paper or computer)||$USD 311||Find a test date|
|IELTS General Training in centre - (paper or computer)||$USD 311||Find a test date|
|IELTS Life Skills (A1 and B1)||$USD 202||Find a test date|
What you need to book
- A valid identification document. When you register, you’ll need to upload a scan of your ID. It must be valid at the time of booking and on the test day. If you're under 18, your parents will also need to complete the Parent consent for candidates under 18 form. IELTS is not recommended for anyone under 16.
- A bank card. You can pay through our online booking system by choosing an available test date of your prefered test and following payment instructions at the end of your booking.
After you have booked your test
You will receive emails confirming:
- the start time of your test and the venue address
- your Speaking Test date
- your access to the free online preparation courses: Road to IELTS Last Minute Version.
More information about the test
Download and read our Information for Candidates to learn everything you need to know about the format, the different exam components and test results.